Friday, January 7, 2011

Organization, Here We Come

We cannot wait to go to the big city tomorrow and do some shopping! That may sound strange coming from us, but this isn't just any shopping this is shopping to help us get our home more organized, to pick up some supplies for upcoming house projects, and of course to soak up any fresh new ideas for the house that might hit us as we peruse the stores. I'm excited about it all but for myself, I think I am most excited about the organizing part.
We have spent the last few days going through nearly all of our stuff, sorting out tons of things that we don't use, don't need or don't have room for into an ever growing garage sale pile in our attic (we plan to have one this spring or summer, once the snow melts...) and finding permanent residences for the things we do want to keep.
One of the most frustrating things about our house right now is it has ZERO closets. Not one. Which makes it challenging to keep things tidy and organized, particularly for someone like myself who does NOT come by it naturally. But in addition to getting rid of a bunch of stuff, we are planning to spring for some of those super handy Rubbermaid tubs when we go down to Boise,
which just happen to be on sale at HD through the end of the month! Maybe it's strange to be so excited about a plastic container, but I am stoked! When it comes to organizing I need all the help I can get and I've got some big plans for those containers!

No comments:

Post a Comment